Thursday, July 21, 2011

3RD DAY

yo! woke up yesterday finally feeling a bit more "normal". went down to the little shop, got some bread and hang out with my flatmate Cameron. He's a crazy motherfucker but really nice guy. We had some coffee and banana bread beer and then he continued along that route. When I met him few hours later he was hecticly drumming and singing (yes there is a full drum set downstairs in the kitchen) and making grapefruit vodka slushes. Oh well, I would have joined him but had to go for my first design job interview! it's the first time in few days I had to hit the streets on my own. Obviously didn't time the journey well so started panicking as the bloody Subway door wouldn't let me in for some crazy reason. There's no way you can jump the gate over here, wtf should I do?! I'm all sweaty and panicky in over 30 degree heat, somehow find another entrance with someone actually working in there. finally get in but fuck, i'm gonna be late. it's a big ass agency i'm going to visit so I really don't wanna mess it up.
to make it short, got there at the end just on time, none of that polite 10 mins before. To be honest, it's quite hardcore, two days into NYC living, super hot and then going for an interview where you actually have to make sense. Was showing my work to the art director but didn't really get the vibe she's interested. I was wrong - they offered me a work placement at The Partners! fuck me that's amazing! I got two more interviews today and one tomorrow, let's see what the good vibes bring.
After that I went for a pint, sushi and hang out on the rooftop of Matt's super cool $ 8 mio office, ohhh the American dream.




No comments:

Post a Comment